Eligibility requirements include non-profit & tax-exempt organizations that:
A: are in the social service, social welfare, K-12 education, and healthcare organizations with education as the primary function
- organizations with education as the sideline function are ineligible
- Agencies must deliver direct services to the public; organizations which substantially raise money for the purpose of contributing to other agencies do not qualify
B: support the communities located only in Sarasota, Manatee, Charlotte or Desoto counties
C: have a valid IRS letter of determination
- Agencies must provide Flanzer Trust with a copy of its annual IRS filing within 90 days of the filing. If the agency files form 990-N, they must provide a financial statement
Please note, the trust does not associate with controversial issues that can have a political, religious or divisive overtones. The Louis & Gloria Flanzer Philanthropic Trust reserves the right to reject agencies that engage in activities that are controversial.
General Donation Information
- The Flanzer matching program accepts monthly donations ranging from $5 to $500 per household with a maximum of $3,000.00 per year per each charity. Donations can be made to multiple charities simultaneously.
- Excess contributions: Any contributions in excess of the stated limits will be matched to the maximum permitted and the remainder will be passed through to the charity.
- The intent of the Flanzer matching program is to encourage new, grass roots donations, not simply matching current donors.
- Payments for services rendered—such as dues, gala tickets or lottery tickets—are ineligible for matching. Amounts contributed in connection with an event in support of a matching partner will not be eligible for the matching program. Please contact the charity for information on appropriate amounts.
- Only contributions directly received from a donor to the Flanzer Trust are eligible for matching.
- Cash contributions received by a partner are ineligible for matching. Partners who convert cash contributions into eligible contributions through other parties will be removed from the list of eligible partners.
- Any misconduct in connection with the matching programs will result in ineligibility.
- Partners removed from eligibility may appeal their ineligibility in writing, explaining the basis for reinstatement and what steps have been taken to prevent future misconduct. Reinstatement will be predicated upon a consent for the Flanzer Trust to audit or otherwise confirm compliance with program rules as the Trust deems necessary.
- During ineligibility period any contributions that are received by the Flanzer Trust will be deposited and a check will be forwarded to the ineligible agency without a match.
Upon Receipt of Donations
- The charity agency will issue a notice of the receipt of the matched contribution within 5 business days.
- The trust will provide a tax receipt to donors of their contribution in approximately 4-8 weeks.